[Vorbis] encoding problem: gap a few seconds after start of song

dassen jmhdassen at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 05:07:38 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am in the process of oggifying my CD collection, but I seem to have a
consistent problem with the encoding: after a few seconds of starting a
mew song there is a gap, a small pause in the encoded .ogg file. It
happens in about 30% of the cases. It probably has something to do with
adapting to sudden volume changes since occasionally it also happens in
the middle of a piece of music when there is a sudden change in
loudness.

I am using oggenc version 1.0.1 in grip on Linux kernel 2.6.11.

Is this a know problem with a known solution ??

Cheers,

--
Jos Dassen