[Vorbis] Bitrate Peeling (no. really)

Manuel Lora vanguardist at cox.net
Tue Sep 28 12:24:08 PDT 2004

Hello,

We do remember you and I am glad that you are interested in peeling and, once
implemented, should make for a great feature.

Implementing bitrate peeling requires a lot of work and most likely changes in
the encoder. This is not easy and would take time and effort.

In terms of money, $500 is, as you said, a "drop in the bucket" and, honestly,
about 10% of what might be necessary.

That being said, your effort should generate interest and someone might take
up the job of doing it. Feel free to post things on the wiki:
http://wiki.xiph.org/Bounties and mention the initial donation as the seed.

Hoping for a good germination,

Manuel