[Vorbis] Bitrate Peeling (no. really)

Christopher John Harrington webkid at webkid.com
Tue Sep 28 11:59:49 PDT 2004

Hey,
Maybe you guys remember us, I'm from the Neuros forums. I've got to say,
having a player that supports Ogg Vorbis has really turned things around
for everybody. We're still struggling with higher bitrate Vorbis
streams, but that is only because of our terribly underpowered DSP.

Anyway, to the point of my email.

Recently the discussion of bitrate peeling has been floating around, and
one of our members pointed out this Ogg Traffic:
http://www.vorbis.com/ot/20030415.html#id2728830

In that section, it alludes to the fact that there isn't enough
development interest or time, and that donations could help encourage
the process.

So how much do you guys need?

We want to raise a bit of money to drop in the bucket, and we'll need to
set a goal for that amount. We have an ongoing discussion of this here:
http://www.neurosaudio.com/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4778

I figured $500 may be a good start. Monty or anyone else want to set the
bar higher?

-Chris Harrington