[Vorbis] Bitrate Peeling (no. really)

Paul Wagland paul at wagland.net
Wed Sep 29 01:48:23 PDT 2004

On Tue 28 Sep 2004 09:24:08 PM CEST, Manuel Lora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We do remember you and I am glad that you are interested in peeling and, once
> implemented, should make for a great feature.
>
> Implementing bitrate peeling requires a lot of work and most likely
> changes in
> the encoder. This is not easy and would take time and effort.
>
> In terms of money, $500 is, as you said, a "drop in the bucket" and,
> honestly,
> about 10% of what might be necessary.
>
> That being said, your effort should generate interest and someone might take
> up the job of doing it. Feel free to post things on the wiki:
> http://wiki.xiph.org/Bounties and mention the initial donation as the seed.

OK, so it is on the Wiki, how do I say, here's 20USD on the way to this.
Especially since I don't want to give the money until there is a reason ;-)

How do we "ensure" that people who "only say" that they will donate to the
cause, will donate to the cause. What I would really like to see is an escrow
that has the following "fields"

What is the money for?
Who can say whether or not this is done?
What timeframe is the pledge valid for?
What should happen with the money when the pledge expires?

Does anyone know of such a service?

Cheers,
Paul