[Vorbis] Size of Windows ogg.dll and vorbis.dll

Greg Rezansoff grezansoff at ipdevco.com
Mon Sep 27 09:51:29 PDT 2004

Thank you very much your help!

Using the static library is probably the best idea to shrink it right down.

As for the coding, the most tricky part seems to be converting the native OGG info into a WaveFormatEX structure that Windows or DS can understand.

Its not that big of a deal, but if someone already did it, I can at least follow the example via cut and paste;) I am trying to find a Windows project that decodes OGG and they plays it to see an example.

If you have some snippets of playing OGG using DS or Wave functions that would be great.

To read and decode appears I need ogg.dll, vorbis.dll, and vorbisfile.dll...is this correct?

I don't yet even understand the separation of concerns between OGG.dll, and vorbis.dll.  I will have to study the API to understand it I suppose (not in the docs)

Thanks again!

Greg