[Vorbis] Re: vorbis 1.1 rc 1 now tagged in SVN

Rodrigo Gómez rgomez
Thu Jul 15 14:01:44 PDT 2004

<Pine.LNX.4.60.0407151701430.16854 at data.home>

> Don't get me wrong, I'm all for quality.  But quality -1 was pretty good
> (considering) in vorbis 1.0.  With an improvement in 1.1, surely there now
> is a case for an even lower bitrate mode?  I feel it's best to provide
> people with the option of going below where picky people find it
> acceptable, because it might be satisfactory for a given application.  The
> number of quality -1 streams on the net is a case in point.  It may even
be
> possible to hear streams of that sonic quality on a 56k modem if we could
> shave a few kbps off it.

I'm with you. I use quality -1 actually in a logging app I have, and being
able to get a smaller file with the same quality (wich is pretty good for
this purposes) would be great.

--
Rodrigo Gómez
http://rgomez.msa.com.mx/gallery/