[vorbis] How to split an Ogg Vorbis stream?

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 7 21:03:42 PST 2004

The famous speaker who no one had heard of said:
> The famous speaker who no one had heard of said:
> > Visit http://rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org/ogg.html and download oggsplit.
>
> Will oggsplit run on Linux?  The web site isn't telling me one way or the other.
> I would like to maybe eventually base a player on its source code if it's
> possible, so that we could rip CD tracks, cat them in order and play them as
> individual tracks based on track numbers or something, just like a CD but in a
> single file eliminating the need for an m3u playlist to keep the tracks in order.

My bad.  I have a bad habbit of replying to the first message instead of seeing
what other replies were.  <grin>  Well, it seems as though oggsplit does indeed
run on Linux.  Also, I see someone already either is doing or has done what I
mentioned above using xmms.  Wqy to go.  Where can I get this patched plugin?

PRINCE