[vorbis] How to split an Ogg Vorbis stream?

John Morton jwm at eslnz.co.nz
Wed Jan 7 21:13:36 PST 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 18:03, Lorenzo Prince wrote:
>  My bad.  I have a bad habbit of replying to the first message instead of
> seeing what other replies were.  <grin>  Well, it seems as though oggsplit
> does indeed run on Linux.  Also, I see someone already either is doing or
> has done what I mentioned above using xmms.  Wqy to go.  Where can I get
> this patched plugin?

I'll upload it to savannah Real Soon Now. I've got a bit of work to do armour
plating the oddcastv2 xmms effect plugin, then I'll swing back and update the
patch. I was spending some time working out how I could have it gracefully
ignore other ogg streams in the same physical stream (eg oggflac, theora),
but much of that work belongs in libvorbisfile. I also want to set it up to
treat each tagged lsteam as the start of a track, and any subsequent untags
streams between it and the next tagged one as part of the same track - so the
audacity people can handle lossless editing of vorbis files by concatenating
together logical streams until the figure out how to glue together parts into
one logical stream.

Bit of work to do. Maybe ready in another week.

John