[vorbis] Problem using 'ov_open()'...

Ryan Ashley Lord_Dakron at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:17:57 PST 2004

   I don't use or touch Visual anything. I am a real programmer and don't
need something generating code for me. Not trying to sound harsh here, but I
grew up on Wordpad, and just recently purchased Visual SlickEdit which is a
syntax highlighter with auto-indent options and such. On top of that, I use
Borland C++ command-line compiler in Windows (gcc in Linux, of course!). I
link with 'vorbisfile.lib' to compile this class. Everything compiles
flawlessly, with no warnings or errors, but it freezes on 'ov_open'.
   The reason I left that as a pointer was because changing it to a static
variable as you just showed me did nothing. I still had the lock-up upon
accessing 'ov_open'. The OGG is good because it plays in both UT2003 and
Irfanview's player. I sat and waited one time for ten minutes, hoping it
would return a value so I could figure out what is wrong. No go. I'll make
an allocate/deallocate for the pointer, but I still need help fixing this
lock.

   -Seph