[vorbis] Problem using 'ov_open()'...

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Feb 11 16:44:10 PST 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 09:19, Ryan Ashley wrote:
>    OK, I've been developing a small class that I can use in virtually any
> application to load and decode OGG files.  Everything works fine until it
> reaches the line with the call to ov_open, then the application freezes and
> has to be killed.  This is a single-threaded Win32 app.  Below is both the
> structure that gets passed around, and my entire OGG class.  Maybe one of
> you can figure this out.

Are you linking your application with the correct version of the windows C
runtime library? MSVC has several, and you have to use the same version as
libvorbisfile is linked with.

pOVFile is NULL, here. You need to have an actual OggVorbis_File - allocate
one somewhere I'd suggest making it a member of your OGGDATA class (i.e.
OggVorbis_File ovfile;  - note that it's not a pointer here).

You said it was hanging, so this isn't your current problem. However, once
you've fixed whatever the other problem is (almost certainly something to do
with the C runtime), this will obviously make it crash.

Mike