[vorbis] Changing comment-tags

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Apr 21 18:21:14 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 18:58, Daniel Graupner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i use libvorbis to develop some small applications for a radio station.
> I wonder, why there are no functions in the library to add/modify the
> comment tags in ogg-files.

There are low-level functions in the library sufficient to create
comment-editing software, but the intent of libvorbis is not really to make
editing applications - it's for decoding and encoding.

> The only way I found is to make use of vorbiscomment binary, but this
> way is not that good.
> Are there api calls to do this??

The 'core' of vorbiscomment is two files: vcedit.c and vcedit.h, they provide
a simple API for editing comments in vorbis files. Perhaps you can use them?

Mike