[vorbis] Digitially Imported radio - let's ask for Vorbis

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Tue Sep 23 14:51:40 PDT 2003

> Digitally Imported radio (http://di.fm) is considering adding Ogg Vorbis
> streams and I'd love to see that happen.

The problem in the past was that their original songs are in MP3 format,
so no matter what other format they use, it will have to be transcoded.
Perhaps these days they have solved that.

We definately dont' want high profile people transcoding from mp3, since
there is no way that can sound better, whereas the vorbis stream encoded
from the original would sound quite obviously better in most cases.

jack.