[vorbis] iTunes for Windows - Ogg Vorbis support

Tom Felker tcfelker at mtco.com
Tue Oct 21 14:43:34 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 4:26 pm, Brandon High wrote:

> Does the iPod hardware have enough umph to decode Vorbis? Or would it be
> limited to certain revisions of the hardware?
>
> The reasons that I'm still using MP3 instead of Vorbis or AAC is
> because: a) My iPod doesn't support Vorbis, b) my flash memory-based
> player doesn't support AAC or Vorbis.
>
> -B

<http://ipodlinux.sourceforge.net/faq.shtml>

It can run Tremor at 80% real time now, and

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=719288&group_id=73079&atid=536648>

It's possible it can be clocked up further, or set to use the second core.

So as someone who doesn't own an iPod or understand it's hardware at all, and
has no association to Xiph.org, my guess is "probably."

--
Tom Felker, <tcfelker at mtco.com>
<http://vlevel.sourceforge.net> - Stop fiddling with the volume knob.

Times change, the mammals get smarter, and the dinosaurs turn into birds or
die.