[vorbis] iTunes for Windows - Ogg Vorbis support

Brandon High armitage at freaks.com
Tue Oct 21 14:26:53 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 03:16:18AM +0200, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> Jack Moffitt wrote:
> > Also, that project works from QuickTime.  Many of the codec functions in
> > iTunes are not supported by QuickTime plugins.  Streaming, encoding are
>
> If we want a road in to the Apple stuff, it is obvious what one thing
> we'll have to provide: a playback plugin for the iPod.  And that is not
> _actually_ a hard thing to do; it just needs some cooperation between
> Apple and Xiph.  So if you (or whoever) can get that going..,

Does the iPod hardware have enough umph to decode Vorbis? Or would it be
limited to certain revisions of the hardware?

The reasons that I'm still using MP3 instead of Vorbis or AAC is
because: a) My iPod doesn't support Vorbis, b) my flash memory-based
player doesn't support AAC or Vorbis.

-B

Brandon High                                     armitage at freaks.com
'98 Kawi ZX-7R "Wasabi", '98 Kawi EX500 "Harlot", '02 BMW R1150RS "Troll"