[vorbis] Ogg support in Windows Media Player 9 and WMP Media Library

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Tue Oct 7 14:49:40 PDT 2003

> I've got some questions and news (I think) regarding the Ogg
> DirectShow filter, and Ogg support in Windows Media Player
> and the WMP Media Library.
>
> The OggDS that's in CVS -- is there any reason it's only
> at the 0.9.9.3 level and not the 0.9.9.5 level that's on
> Tobias's webpage?

Yes.  Tobias was working on the next version, and gutted the 0.9.9.5
code for this, but never completed the work.  And he lost the original
source code.  0.9.9.3 was the last pristine source tree he had
available.  Afaik, the changes were quite minor (mostly unicode related
stuff iirc) for 0.9.9.5.

> What's the list policy on file attachments?  The .REG file
> is about 3K.

A URL is better, since we're likely to get flooded with "YOUR MAIL COULD
CONTAIN A VIRUS" messages if you send an attachment.

jack.