[vorbis] Ogg Vorbis v1.1 suggestion

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Wed Nov 26 12:17:48 PST 2003

Hi Carsten

I sometimes listen to Virgin Radio using Real Audio at 32kb/s, if my DSL
speed becomes dodgy - http://www.smgradio.com/core/audio/real/live.ram
In my opinion it sounds much better than the vorbis 32kb/s streams they are
doing
http://ogg.smgradio.com/vr32.ogg.m3u

They feel the need to resample the vorbis stream to 22khz, perhaps as this
is the only way to obtain a 32kb/s stream using VBR.

Regards,
Ross Levis
StationPlaylist.com
http://www.stationplaylist.com
Low-cost music scheduling, live assist and automation software.