[vorbis] The Hour of Slack (vorbis encoded)

David Bachner bachner at ica.net
Fri Nov 7 00:45:57 PST 2003

> I can confirm that m3u and pls work in winamp. On your normal webserver
> you just need the ogg file and a m3u or pls file that references it.

Hey, you're right! The files do stream with WinAmp, at least on my old
ThickPad running win98. But for some strange reason, it won't work on my
much faster home machine running WinXP. I guess I'm long overdue for a HD
reformat and OS reload on that machine. While I'm at it, I think I'll dump
XP and give Mandrake another try. I've pretty much had it with all the
spyware (oops, I meant *adware*), worms and other creepy crawlies anyway.

Thanks everyone for your advise. So file streaming works for GNU/Linux and
windows users, what about OS X and preX Mac? A friend of mine running OS 9
says he can play vorbis files w/ MacAmp, but can't play streams. Another
friend who uses OSX says the latest version of Quicktime player does the
same thing - plays files but won't stream. Any suggestions I can pass along
to Mac users?

db