[vorbis] The Hour of Slack (vorbis encoded)

James H.Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu Nov 6 10:23:18 PST 2003

>>>>> "David" == David Bachner <bachner at ica.net> writes:
>>>>> "Ralph" == Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> writes:

David>   http://www.subgenius.com/ts/hos.html

David> Can anyone tell me:
David> How do you make vorbis files streamable from a regular
David> web server?

Ralph> I guess I'd check that: your music player can play local .ogg
Ralph> files, and that your web server is using the application/ogg
Ralph> mimetype for the ogg files.

>From http://www.subgenius.com/ts/hos.html I see eg this link to one of
the 160 kbps vorbis files:

  http://www.sensoryresearch.com/~dbachner/hos/913.ogg

a HEAD on that url returns Content-Type: text/plain, so Ralph is
probably right above as to why the streaming isn't working for you.

Try putting an .htaccess file in the dir pointed to by
http://www.sensoryresearch.com/~dbachner/ and in it put:

AddType application/ogg ogg

-JimC