[vorbis] Re: Questions about your Neuros

Nicholas Pappas nick at rightstep.org
Mon Nov 17 16:02:34 PST 2003

        I missed the initial mail about this, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.  I
bought a Neuros several months ago, as soon as future Vorbis support was
announced.  I've had good and bad experiences with them.
        As far as size, a deck of cards is a good reference.  It is slightly
deeper, but is no heavier (perhaps even slightly lighter), with the
128MB flash backpack.
        It is the coolest player I've owned.  The playback is great, and the FM
radio is very nice.  The HiSi feature is fantastic -- I've ID'd many
songs with it, while out on the road... I tend to use it in my car, even
when I listening to the radio, just so I can hit the HiSi. :)

        I'm not really sure Neuros was ready to put this player out into mass
production though.
        I've had a lot problems with the device freezing when I plug it into
the computer.  I have to reboot the device a lot, annoying but not life
threatening.
        The battery life isn't the most spectacular either.  I bought the car
adapter pretty quickly after getting it... I had to.

        I've had a lot of trouble with the beta version of the Vorbis support.
  I don't have it installed at the moment, to be honest.  So I'm still
waiting for the official firmware release.

        I'd still recommened the product in a heart beat. ;)