[vorbis] [faq?] Portable players supporting ogg vorbis

Tuomo Latto djv at mbnet.fi
Mon Nov 17 07:35:38 PST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> The Neuros (with a "beta" firmware download) can play Vorbis files;
> however,
> * It sometimes "chirps" (not enough CPU) when decoding high-bitrate
> sections.  This is exceedingly rare at -q 4, but somewhat common
> at -q 6.  (I'm using the FM transmitter, which may require additional
> CPU; results through headphones may be better.)

I would be interested in hearing more comments on playing -q 6 files
with and without headphones since I am planning on buying the player.
(Practically all my files are -q 6.)
Is the performance going to improve in the future?

Going a bit off-topic regarding this mailing list, I'd also like to
know if it can play 320kbps MP3s without any problems.

--
Tuomo