[vorbis] Vorbis vs Speex

Jared Anderson jared at ieee.org
Mon May 26 16:15:34 PDT 2003

  Not knowing the particulars, this is just a guess, but it sounds
  plausible.  Speex may use the very information that MP3 throws away,
  even at high bitrates, for its encoding.  If this is the case
  encoding from mp3->wav->speex will be far worse than
  original->wav->speex.

  Cheers,

* noprivacy at earthlink.net <noprivacy at earthlink.net> [2003-05-27 09:10]: