[vorbis] Re: Ogg Vorbis tracks in QT files

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Mar 14 01:31:32 PST 2003

En réponse à Christian HJ Wiesner <chris at wiesneronline.net>:

> I am copying this email to the Vorbis user list, and i sincerely hope
> some brave Xiph zealot people living in the States succeeds to find out
> your real life adress and has a word with you about the very necessary
> respect for Monty's work. We also had our doubts if Ogg is a good
> container design for video handling, thats why we started our project,

Just a correction. MCF started because AVI+VBR is shit (and for various other
reasons). OGM didn't exist at that time and was not supposed to handle video.
Matroska evolved from MCF into something much more flexible. None of these
projects were basically built against OGG.

About MPCF, I suggest them to read the MCF and Matroska archives before they
discuss about points we have already largely debated. Even though they might not
end up with the same conclusions, it is full of valuable informations. The same
goes for the Theora design... That's all the help we can contribute now.

PS: matroska is no more vapourware for those who didn't know yet.