[vorbis] Using oggenc

Graham Mitchell graham at grahammitchell.com
Wed Jun 25 10:32:58 PDT 2003

Tyler Knott wrote:
> (for example: when I ripped the soundtrack for Half-Life at
> Quality 5(-q 5) the bitrates ranged from 112 kbps to 224 kbps)

I'd just add that such a wide variation is not typical for your average CD.
Normally quality 5 would average pretty close to 160 kbps over an entire
track.  With ambient/environmental stuff like the Half-Life soundtrack,
you'll get wider variation like this, but don't get worried that if you use
quality settings that your average bitrates will be just completely
indeterminate.

--
Graham Mitchell - computer science teacher, Leander High School
"It is a great mistake to think that God is chiefly interested in religion."