[vorbis] Re: Quoting (OT)

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Mon Jun 2 17:35:45 PDT 2003

> With properly quoted messages (*not* bottom- or top- posted, but inline
> posted), this makes it really easy to read and follow conversation.
I agree.  Inline quoting is the best way to go.  You tackle one topic of
the discussion at a time, quoting each part of the message and responding
to it individually.  This makes it easier all around.
> Top-posted (and on a bit smaller scale, bottom-posted) messages cripple
> this, since you have to jump up and down to see what the poster is
> referring to.
I don't, however, see how bottom-posted messages are less crippling to the
ability to follow a conversation.  Personally, I think it is just redicus
to have to scroll past a whole screen of a message I just read, most
likely not even 2 minutes ago.  I would rather see a top-posted message,
because I don't have to read the same message 3 or more times just to try
to find the answer I was looking for under all that.  If you don't want to
inline quote, it is better to top-post.  It is easier on both the sender
and the reader.  I will stress, however, that inline quoting is by far the
better choice.

Lorenzo
-----
Personally, I think my choice in the mostest-superlative-computer wars has to
be the HP-48 series of calculators.  They'll run almost anything.  And if they
can't, while I'll just plug a Linux box into the serial port and load up the
HP-48 VT-100 emulator.
        -- Jeff Dege, jdege at winternet.com