[vorbis] Using oggenc

Glendon Gross gross at xinetd.com
Thu Jun 26 03:12:19 PDT 2003

Ti Kan wrote:

> If you're using Linux or a UNIX flavor, try xmcd ( http://www.amb.org/xmcd ).
> Xmcd can rip CDs directly into a number of formats, including Ogg Vorbis.
> Since xmcd links with libvorbisenc, libvorbis and libogg and makes direct
> calls into them, it doesn't even need oggenc.
>
> -Ti
> --
>     ///  Ti Kan                Vorsprung durch Technik
>    ///   AMB Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
>   ///    ti at amb.org
>  //////  http://www.amb.org/ti/
> ///

I just tried to download the xmcd sources to version 3.2.0, and the download
causes my browser to crash.  Is the source tarball available via FTP?

I have built xmcd version 3.0 for NetBSD/i386 from the ports collection, and
I like the interface, as well as the CDDB support,  but
version 3.0 does not seem to support ripping or libvorbis, although I do have the
vorbis libraries installed.

Regards,

Glendon Gross