[vorbis] Re: .ogg file extension for both audio and video?

Nemo -earth native- nemo at cheeky.house.cx
Sat Jun 21 23:07:16 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 10:14:17PM +0200, Maik Merten did utter:
> Nemo -earth native- wrote:
> >I take it then that .spx is deprecated?
>
> Speex has its own "transport-layer". Therefore the .spx extension.
> However, you can encapsulate .spx-files in an ogg-container. Those files
> are named with an .ogg extension.

Two days ago on this list we were told:
> .spx files are Ogg files with Speex content.
And nobody jumped up to say that was wrong.

I realise this is getting offtopic for the vorbis list... and for that
matter, I'm not likely to use speex anytime soon either... I'm just
trying to get a definative answer on what seems to me to be a point of
not-yet-made-clear.  :)

.../nemo