[vorbis] .ogg file extension for both audio and video?

Headless head-less at dna.ie
Fri Jun 20 10:35:46 PDT 2003

Hi,

If I understand things correctly them Ogg is the wrapper format that
is also going to be used for Xiph's upcoming video compressor.

Does that mean that the .ogg file extension will also be used for
video?

This could present problems regarding mapping the .ogg file extension
to an application if for example I want audio to be handled by Winamp2
and video by something else.