[vorbis] Sizing down Ogg Vorbis encoder binaries

Jason Erbskorn mrguy105 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 17:53:11 PDT 2003

Not too long ago, I converted my whole cd library to
OGG format, because I loved the way it sounded, and
the fact that is was open source.  Recently, I wanted
to update my library with the latest CVS code.  I just
did a compile of the CVS ogg binaries (ogg.dll,
vorbis.dll, vorbis_enc.dll, vorbis_file.dll), and I
noticed they were  alot larger in size than the
default ones that came with CDex. I compiled them with
Visual Studio 2003 + ICL7.1 + Release config, and they
are 10 times larger than the defaults.  Is there a way
to size the libraries down?