[vorbis] vorbis plug in for rear one playerr?

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Mon Jun 9 15:09:13 PDT 2003

> What's the current feature set of this plugin?

Supports local files fine, except for chains, afaik.  Streaming works,
but seems to buffer the entire clip before playing, so practically, it
doesn't work.

> Does it play chained Oggs right? Including reporting metadata
> on song boundaries? Does seeking work fast and reliably? Does
> the file format plugin support RTP packetization?

No chains yet.  Seeking works fine as far as I can tell.  RTP isn't done
yet.  One of the reasons for bulding binaries is to get some more
widespread testing.  Your help here is appreciated.

> If the answer to this is YES/YES/YES/YES, then there's probably
> no point for me to finish my own vorbisff and vorbisrend
> plugins. ;)

Is there some reason you are duplicating effort considering that the
plugins are Open?  We'd rather have you helping us, since these are the
plugins that will get on the AutoUpdate servers.  Feel free to email me
privately.  I'm the defacto maintainer at the moment and will be
(hopefully) finishing them this summer.  Chains, RTP, and streaming are
all planned features.  I'd love some help.

jack.