[vorbis] using vcut on split ogg files

Marc Heckmann mh at nadir.org
Thu Jul 31 13:35:52 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:26:39PM +0200, gtgbr at gmx.net wrote:

> I'm not sure why/how this works with MP3, but maybe cronolog simply
> supports MP3 and does The Right Thing when necessary...?

cronolog knows nothing about file formats. it works w/ mp3 because the
program I use for the web interface to retrieve/re-assemble the mp3 files
is mp3splt (mp3splt.sourceforge.net) and it can handle it. AFAIK, mp3
does not have an explicit begin and end header like ogg does. please
correct me if I'm wrong. Mp3splt also supports ogg/vorbis but it doesn't
work. probably because it's unsupported in the vorbis libraries.

-m