[vorbis] Zinf

Nathan I. Sharfi nisharfi at csupomona.edu
Wed Jul 2 20:13:04 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Caleb wrote:

> he might code well, but he's a crappy person.

Better than Theo. That's not saying much, though.

> I myself can't see foobar as the "light in the end of the tunnel".
> The average user won't even notice the difference.
>
> It's all in your head! Your head makes it sound good while it might
> sound just like winamp with the latest output plugins.
>
> People just see all those exciting new features and shiny high numbers
> like 24bit, 32bit and make themselves think, *oh i just enabled 24bit
> output on my 128kbps mp3 the sound is so crips!*

Never cared about that stuff, personally. However, fb2k's masstagger is
second to none in terms of its ease-of-use/power ratio. Further, its
(over)generalized display language is equally powerful and it's a shame that
nobody's yet completed a library that does the same thing. One of the
#vorbis regulars are, so...egg him on.

> Try it if you want.. but if you want a decent GUI stick with winamp 2.95..

fb2k won't win any UI innovation awards (or beauty pageants, for that
matter), but it's nice to have a playlist that'll stay in 48-point Trebuchet
MS with a minimum of fiddling.  Oh, and the app is a fair sight more
keyboardable than Winamp.