[vorbis] Zinf

Caleb caleb_ownz at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 16:45:56 PDT 2003

--- Phiro <junk01 at mn.rr.com> wrote:
> If I've read right the author of Foobar is an ex-Winamp contributor
> who
> finally quit trying to contribute after being put through hell for
> his
> efforts by the management.
> Foobar2000 is very impressive for the # of people behind it (just
> one?),
> and I wish all the success in the world to it.

Sheesh you people make him sound like a hero or something.

What you don't know that the guy was especially contracted to do his
work on the audio outputs/inputs/whatever.
Getting access to the source code wasn't in the contract (probably) and
he was always pissed off!

o after a few clashes with a dev he left winamp development.
(christophe - a wa3 dev told him "once you do your own player blah blah
balhh..")

anyways, he still has his shitty attitute like he used to have.

he might code well, but he's a crappy person.

I myself can't see foobar as the "light in the end of the tunnel".
The average user won't even notice the difference.

It's all in your head! Your head makes it sound good while it might
sound just like winamp with the latest output plugins.

People just see all those exciting new features and shiny high numbers
like 24bit, 32bit and make themselves think, *oh i just enabled 24bit
output on my 128kbps mp3 the sound is so crips!*

Try it if you want.. but if you want a decent GUI stick with winamp 2.95..