[vorbis] Virgin Radio now on ices2 - yp not working though

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Jul 2 18:54:10 PDT 2003

> <encode>
> 	<quality>2</quality>
> 	<minimum-bitrate>88000</minimum-bitrate>
> 	<maximum-bitrate>96000</maximum-bitrate>

I'd skip these two, and just let the quality setting do what it's meant to.
You may have decided this was neccesary, though. Perhaps experiment a bit?

> 	<quality>0</quality>
> 	<minimum-bitrate>28000</minimum-bitrate>
> 	<maximum-bitrate>32000</maximum-bitrate>

It makes more sense here, since this is presumably aimed at modem users, and
thus fixing the bitrate fairly tightly is a good idea. Perhaps use
nominal-bitrate rather than quality, though, as I suspect the min/max
settings here don't correspond well with the nominal bitrate given by quality
0. If you're using min and max as well, using nominal bitrate rather than
quality doesn't make any additional different - the quality is just mapped to
a nominal bitrate internally.