[vorbis] Virgin Radio now on ices2 - yp not working though

Paul Martin pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 15:04:11 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 06:27:07PM +0100, David Jones wrote:
> This afternoon I've transferred our Ogg Vorbis Icecast2 streams from darkice
> to the ices2 encoder. Apologies if you were trying to listen; I had to stop
> and start the streams a few times. They should be stable now as I'm off down
> the pub now! As a reminder, the URL for the streams is at
> http://www.virginradio.co.uk/thestation/listen/ogg.html.

You're getting problems on the q2 stream with sibilants from the
presenter (the "Jezza" programme). They are dispersed in the stereo
image. It's probably the known Vorbis HF problem, combined with your
multiband processing.

--
Paul Martin <pm at zetnet.net> (work)
  <pm at nowster.zetnet.co.uk> (home)