[vorbis] Re: speaks acm vorbis download url?

Christian Buchner Christian.Buchner1 at epost.de
Tue Jul 1 01:16:51 PDT 2003

> The downside is that CBR is lower quality which might get Ogg a bad
> name.  Since you are mixing with video which eats a lot of bandwidth
> anyway, perhaps it makes sense to not allow some of the lowest
> bitrates that Ogg can achieve, so people won't shoot themselves in the
> foot and then blame Vorbis...

Please consider that you can also shoot yourself in the foot with WMA
and MP3 if you choose unreasonable settings.

But an ACM should really only offer modes that make some sense. For
the very low bitrates I will restrict it to Mono at bandwidths of
possibly 16, 22.05 and 32 kHz.

But hey, I am working on other exciting codec stuff right now
and I haven't even coded a single line of this Vorbis ACM yet!
Maybe it was a mistake to put it into the projects list on my site
at this prenatal (even pre-inseminated!) stage. ;)

Christian