[vorbis] Re: speaks acm vorbis download url?

Beni Cherniavsky cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Tue Jul 1 01:05:24 PDT 2003

ChristianHJW wrote on 2003-07-01:

> Christian Buchner wrote:
> > I may only offer CBR modes. Try losing sync with CBR.
>
> /me is happy !! :-)
>
> P.S. I am admin on one of the biggest Newbie support boards for video
> stuff ( http://virtualdub.everwicked..com ), so this is REALLY good news
> for me ...

The downside is that CBR is lower quality which might get Ogg a bad
name.  Since you are mixing with video which eats a lot of bandwidth
anyway, perhaps it makes sense to not allow some of the lowest
bitrates that Ogg can achieve, so people won't shoot themselves in the
foot and then blame Vorbis...

"Reading the documentation I felt like a kid in a toy shop."
 -- Phil Thompson on Python's standard library