[vorbis] Flaming

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Fri Jul 4 05:16:00 PDT 2003

By the way, my original mail was sent to vorbis-owner, so I don't know
how it got on the list. But no matter, we might as well have it here
:-).

On Friday, jul 4, 2003, at 12:55 Europe/Copenhagen, SwiftBiscuit wrote:

> Segher can call people child-murdering sheep-lovers
> for all I care as long as we get peelable oggs ASAP.
> ;-)

Peelable vorbis would indeed be nice... and there's absolutely nothing
wrong with liking sheep (as long as you don't like them too much I
suppose ;-) ).

> Someone declared on a public forum that he knew all
> about Segher's motivations and proceded to rubish
> them.

Sure, that is one way to look at them. But at least he didn't comment
Segher's mental condition and/or use of drugs (Not thereby implying
anything like that about Mr. Boessenkool). People are allowed to
disagree all they want, but maybe a little more constructivism would be
good. At least I think so.

> Either Segher let these claims remain
> unchallenged, spend a good deal of his time working
> through these claims point-by-point, or make a
> throwaway response which basically meant "You're
> talking rubbish but I can't be bothered to argue it
> with you.".

Well, I don't agree to such a type of response on a forum such as this.
I think that people should either address the individual points like
you say, or make a slightly more "adult" response, excuse me for saying
so.

> If someone went off telling everyone what they thought
> I was thinking I'd probably do much the same thing as
> he did. Now get off his back and let him get on with
> those peeling oggs. :-)

Hey, he can peel all he wants; All I ask for was that maybe we all
consider how we word our mails. Things starting like this can quickly
go downhill. Of course I don't like people pretending they know all
about what other people think, but I also think you are reading a
little too much into Mr. Walther's posts. I could be wrong of course
:-).

--
Sune.