[vorbis] Segher vetoing the Ogg Tag Recommendations

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Jul 4 00:43:46 PDT 2003

On Friday 04 July 2003 17:34, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 06:02:27AM +0200, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> >I don't veto anything here.  I don't have a vote, even.
>
> Word straight from Monty's mouth was that you did veto it.  Or maybe
> Monty referred me to Emmett, and Emmett said you vetoed it.  Fact is,
> all the objections the Vorbis core team had to the Recommendations had
> been fixed and taken care of.  Except for you.  You don't want this.
> You don't want people to use tags at all.  You want us to use
> MusicBrainz, which is supported by Ogg in ways that are not apparent to
> me at this time.

This is not true. What Segher said was accurate. None of us ever thought your
proposal was a good idea, and it never got to a point where it was being
considered seriously enough that it COULD have been vetoed.

Whatever your fixation on musicbrainz is, Segher's opinions on it, and the
other developers opinions on it, are entirely unrelated to the topic of your
proposal. You're just going off on some incomprehensible tangent. As usual.

Stop making stuff up.