[vorbis] [fwd] help encoding low-quality audio please

Daniel Schregenberger npfdd at gmx.net
Sat Jan 11 15:03:36 PST 2003

> Question 1) I know this is probably the wrong place to ask for a
> dissenting view, but are these .ogg files going to be easily readable in
> 10 years?

As long as there are people using it, it will be readable.
More detailed: as long as there's someone programming C (it is in C, right?)
and compilers for the computers used at this time, it is possible to adapt it
to new cpu-architectures.
Even more detailed: as long as there's somebody willing to write a reader, it
will be readable.

These are the advantages of a Free and Open Standard. (And a Free Source Code)

-- Daniel