[vorbis] ArtistHost

Martin Blackwell djdij at handbags.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 04:59:46 PST 2003

http://www.artisthoster.net/community/viewtopic.php?t=9

I've managed to get Artist Hoster to:

"The MIME type has been setup in Apache so this *should* request that a
media player is opened rather than displaying the raw code."

I'm also in the progress of getting an online Record Label to see the light
and switch over to the path of the Ogg :-p

Anyone have an idea of how many ppl "know" about the Vorbis format so I can
throw a large number at them as proof that people do actually know what the
Vorbis format is?

in the case of the record label, it was:

But ultimately the choice is upon the people downloading the music, if we
put .mp3 and .ogg the majority of people will chose .mp3 because they know
what that is.

A slightly more plausible response, but i then replyed with a load of info
on Windows Media Player DS filters- which btw, are seemingly so popular that
the bandwidth on the personos account was exceeded, that Winamp 2.81 had
support for Vorbis, as well as WA3, and then told him stuff about JOrbis so
everyone could play the stuff without too much downloading (with the "minor"
exception of the JRE. hehe )