[vorbis] ArtistHost

O Si Yo axionman2k2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 26 14:17:53 PST 2003

the old 'which came first, the chicken or the ogg'
syndrome.

chickens do not do .ogg

pawk pawk pawk pawk

I wrote the company making a new non-CD portable
player, that uses a 15GB drive to store sound files.
Adding support for the .ogg codec would seem trivial
for such a computer based player.

Their customer service rep indicated interest:

> [name] check this out, what do you think. I get
> inquiries about this all the
> time...........Luis

But the tech replied:

> We here at e.digital have hear alot about .ogg
> format, but tell it becomes a
> main format (Like mp3 or WMA) it will be considered
> and looked into.
> [name]
> e.digital Test Supervisor.

I wrote back to him to encourage such consideration.
He curtly replied:

"When Ogg becomes more of a main format like (Mp3 and
wma) there will be more consideration for that format,
but tell then it will not."  The end.  Looks like some
other company with vision will reap the benefits of
going with .ogg first.

wrote:
> heres a quote from an email about this hosting
> company who requested that their site be listed in
> the links section of the website i run for a band on
> Homstead. Both me and the band said no. mostly cause
> theres no point, and the guy i got an email from
> seemed to be rude.

***

Do you Yahoo!?
http://mailplus.yahoo.com