[vorbis] Vorbis GT3 beta 1 ;)

Corey Miller akheron at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 30 04:38:46 PST 2003

Sorry about the brusqueness and lack of detail in my last comment in
this thread, I just woke up and have not yet had my morning cigarette,
I'll try to post some more details about the exact reasons MPC works
better for higher qualities, and try to find some info about
comparisons between it and lossless audio like FLAC later.  I KNOW
there's gotta be someway we could get ogg to do as good as MPC at
higher qualities, hell, if we wanted to do it the really cheap way we
could always design the vorbis codec so if q<8 use vorbis style
compression, and q=>8 use MPC style compression, lol (note, that was
NOT meant as a serious suggestion)