[vorbis] make lo-fi sound as good as RealAudio?

Derek at CD Baby dereklist at cdbaby.com
Thu Jan 9 17:42:14 PST 2003

Thanks Jack & everyone.

Here's one WAV + RM to start with, for now:

http://hitmedia.com/audiotest/

If you need more to do a fair comparison, let me know.  This just happened to be the only CD I brought with me today.  :-)

But those are the RealAudio settings we use for CD Baby.  It's done in DOS, optimized for 20k bitrate.

If you want to point me to a WAV file online, I'll encode it with RealAudio optimized for 20k bitrate, and upload to this same /audiotest/ page.

--
Derek Sivers, CD Baby, Hostbaby
http://www.cdbaby.com  <-- best new independent music