[vorbis] make lo-fi sound as good as RealAudio?

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Thu Jan 9 15:55:29 PST 2003

> I'm DYING to ditch RealAudio from our site!    Hell if Ogg can sound that good on a 33.6k modem, I'll go be an Ogg evangelist to 30,000 musicians and 200,000 customers.   But I haven't been able to do it yet.

Few of us are super-familiar with RealAudio quality.  If you could
provide us some .wavs and corresponding .ras, people will be more able
to experiement and help you find some suitable Ogg quality.  Or we'll
figure out that we're a little shy in this area and work to improve it
quickly :)

I'll host them on xiph.org if you don't want to spare the bandwidth.

jack.