[vorbis] portable player for OGG/Vorbis files

Martin Blackwell djdij at handbags.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 11:49:04 PST 2003

> While their customer
> support department was enthused, saying they had many
> such requests, the project ehgineer overruled, saying
> he would prefer to add windows media support.

Just wondering, how much are software engineers, such as this one, and other
companys who have to pay licence fees wasting on using other lossy formats
in their software/hardware/site ?

Has anyone come across a page on the net detailing the licence fees for
every audio format, as I don't wanna trapse around the (some badly designed)
sites of the patent owners ?