[vorbis] portable player for OGG/Vorbis files

O Si Yo axionman2k2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 10:53:25 PST 2003

Needless to say, we all await a selection of portable
.ogg players.

Checkout e.digitals designs at http://www.edig.com/
I saw an ad for their Treo 15 [a portable player that
uses a 15gb hard drive instead of a CD] and wrote them
suggesting adding .ogg support.  While their customer
support department was enthused, saying they had many
such requests, the project ehgineer overruled, saying
he would prefer to add windows media support.  In
looking up their URL, I notice they have just begun
shipping a new model this week, with a 20gb hd and wma
but not ogg support.
http://www.edigital-store.com/odyssey1000.html

wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> what do you think about a portable OGG/Vorbis
> player, for example ARM or MIPS
> or PowerPC based?
> I am a hardware engineer and I am thinking about
> such a project...
> Best regards,
> Bernhard
> 'vorbis-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.
> No subject is needed.
> Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be
ignored/filtered.

Do you Yahoo!?
http://mailplus.yahoo.com