[vorbis] portable player for OGG/Vorbis files

O Si Yo axionman2k2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 10:57:25 PST 2003

digging deeper:

(SAN DIEGO, CA - January 9, 2003) - e.Digital
Corporation (OTC: EDIG) today announced a development
and co-marketing partnership with PortalPlayer, Inc.
As a PortalPlayer Design Partner, e.Digital plans to
develop new digital audio products combining
PortalPlayer’s single-chip integrated circuit for
music encoding and playback with e.Digital’s reference
designs. As part of the agreement, PortalPlayer will
refer pre-qualified OEM customers to e.Digital for
product development using PortalPlayer’s chip set.

http://www.edig.com/news/releases/pr010903.html

Maybe PortalPlayer should be contacted and encouraged
to add .ogg support to their IC.

wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> what do you think about a portable OGG/Vorbis
> player, for example ARM or MIPS
> or PowerPC based?
> I am a hardware engineer and I am thinking about
> such a project...
> Best regards,
> Bernhard
> 'vorbis-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.
> No subject is needed.
> Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be
ignored/filtered.

Do you Yahoo!?
http://mailplus.yahoo.com