[vorbis] Why FLAC, why not MAC? [Off-Topic]

John Denton dentons at clara.co.uk
Sat Aug 30 02:26:57 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "J C Fitzgerald" <v7022 at wave.co.nz>
To: <vorbis at xiph.org>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 11:33 PM
Subject: Re: [vorbis] Why FLAC, why not MAC? [Off-Topic]

>snipped..

> No, no.  I was not saying the MAC sucks.  I said in an earlier post that
> I knew nothing about MAC so how could I make such a determination?

This is an admission that you don't know what you're talking about. Why
waste bandwidth?

> (Besides, I'm now quite happy with FLAC which is achieving file sizes
> around 20% of the RIFFs from which they are sourced.

Really?  Why bother with Ogg? Several tracks I compressed to Ogg yesterday
(at a quality setting of q6) weight in at about 15% of the original wav -
the 5% saving on your figure hardly seems worth the effort.

> In today's world, MS-Windows is prevalent on the desktop and in the
> home, and for many computer users -- and particularly those with little
> technical computer knowledge -- is it a suitable choice.

You really should stop resorting to these adolescent comments. They were
amusing for the first year on this forum - but they wax tedious.. You use
the operating system that you prefer; I'll use the one I prefer - I know
who'll be in Scotland before ye..