[vorbis] Ogg Filesharing Tool ... who's using ogg?

boink boink at tetter.xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 29 12:53:42 PDT 2003

hello,

just a note on this ... who's using ogg? On my stats page, you can see
what clients are being used:

http://unix.rulez.org/~boink/english/#user

one can see clearly that xmms is used the most often. in the top five,
winamp does come in second, but the rest of the clients (ogg123, wget
and alsaplayer) are of *nix orgin.

there are some Winamp 3 clients, but I still don't know of Winamp 3 can
handle ogg. In my opinion, it can't.

the "ogg" format still hasn't gone mainstream. in anyone's access.log
you will see plenty of clients (Real, WMP, iTunes) trying to play the
stream.

the "normal" windows user won't look for a solution either, which should
be realised.

the stream I do is an alternative stream since the Radio France ogg
stream gives me a headache (it has a bit of a tinny sound).

b.