[vorbis] re: Ogg doesn't measure up?!

noprivacy at earthlink.net noprivacy at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 15 12:57:23 PDT 2003

> A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and surprising that it really does sound like a 128k mp3
> (as in "good enough" not "great") - but at 48k bitrate!
>
> http://www.codingtechnologies.com/news/assets/20021009_ebutest_eng.htm

I went there and noticed they didn't compare it to Ogg or to Wmp9 or
RealOne 9.

And them saying that mp3pro came in second... That's not what most tests
I've seen show.  Most that I've seen have mp3pro coming in far behind.

Maybe they chose a specific type of music to test.  One that favored
their product.

Any test conducted or requested by a formats own company is rather
suspicious.

Maybe their results are accurate, but I'd prefer to hear it from some
independant tests.